Karen Draper CA has re-joined the Wallace Diack team. Pete Ewan retired in December and Karen has taken over his accounting role.
Along with his family, Hamish Matheson is returning to his roots in Christchurch in April 2022. Karen will acquire Hamish’s Wallace Diack shares.
Wallace Diack will be co-led by Tony de Reeper and Karen Draper from April 2022.
If you would like to talk about these developments or any other matters we welcome a call or email from you. You can reach Tony, Hamish and Karen on (03) 578 7389.
Their email addresses are:
- Tony de Reeper – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hamish Matheson – email@example.com
- Karen Draper – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Born and raised in Blenheim.
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting and Finance) degree. Graduate Diploma in Professional Accounting. Chartered Accountant. Member of the Institute of Directors.
- Worked in Chartered Accounting practice and corporate sector in New Zealand, Australia and Canada prior to returning to New Zealand in 2008.
- Extensive Wine industry experience – owns a small Organic Sauvignon Blanc and Pinot Gris vineyard, has worked in the finance department at a contract winemaking facility and was the Group Accountant for WineWorks a contact bottling plant. Has also been on Hazard analysis and critical control points (HACCP) and risk committees within the wine industry.
- Deputy Chair for the Graeme Dingle Foundation and chair of the Audit Risk committee. She thoroughly enjoys the dynamic and the enthusiasm on the GDFM board and the values that the organization brings to the community. “I like knowing that the Graeme Dingle Foundation is making a positive impact on the lives of young people in Marlborough. Seeing how the kids interact with the leaders, and how much they enjoy the lessons is wonderful. And as a parent myself, I want to make a difference for our young people and our community.”
- Director of Social Good Enterprises Limited – a wine brand “Borough Wines” from which all the profits go directly to the Graeme Dingle Foundation Marlborough.
- Founding Trustee for the Business Trust Marlborough.
- Marlborough’s representative on the Local Leadership team for the Chartered Accountants Australia and NZ – this group forms a key conduit between CA ANZ and its members, ensuring timely and topical member information is provided to CA ANZ and in turn allowing CA ANZ to improve service delivery by appropriately tailoring its services and products at local level to meet member needs. Karen, her partner Jase and her son live on their small lifestyle block (producing Sauvignon Blanc and Pinot Gris) and run an Airbnb.
- Enjoys hitting the gym and competing in women’s adventure races.